Job Function: Quality Control Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and opportunity for advancement!
We are growing Empire Bakery Commissary based in Rocky Mount, VA, and we are looking for someone with experience in managing food safety and quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards, customer specifications, legislative requirements and production goals.
Empire Bakery Commissary is a manufacturing company that produces ready to sell cakes, cookies, and single serve desserts for Traditional Retailers. We implement customized programs for our company using the suppliers’ designs, packaging, and labels.
- Our company has been in operation since 1997 and in our current facility since 2010. We offer tremendous stability in today’s competitive job market.
- Empire Bakery Commissary is known for the great care we take with both clients and employees.
- We believe that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of our company.
- Empire Bakery Commissary is committed to outperforming our customer’s expectations and to be efficient and effective in all phases of our operations.
We’re looking for a Quality Control Manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in food safety and quality control systems/processes preferably in an SQF or BRC certified plant. This person would manage the SQF certification program, HACCP program, labeling, plant auditing program, and have 4-6 hourly team members reporting to them. Bachelor’s Degree in related field, current SQF practitioner certification, and HACCP certification is preferred. Strong computer skills in EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, and other software systems required. This is a salaried position. Hours for this position are 6:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and evenings.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package (dental, vision, 401K, life insurance)
- Additionally, we offer Associate Discounts and other associate incentives.
- We also have a vesting vacation schedule
Empire Bakery Commissary | 515 Weaver Street Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Why Should You Apply?
- Great Benefits
- Safe Work Environment
- Company specific job training
How to Apply?
Please pick-up/drop-off application at Empire Bakery Commissary, Franklin Center (50 Claiborne Ave, Rocky Mount, VA 24151) OR email your resume to Kenna Smith by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Contact Person: Kenna Smith
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 33080387 roanoke