Job Function: Registered Nurse first assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we’d like you to grow with us. Our clinicians and technicians participate in over 350,000 surgeries each year in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 1,000 hospitals and support more than 13,000 surgeons. By participating in such a large number of surgeries and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the most experienced provider of outsourced clinical services in the industry. We are always interested in building our team by hiring and training smart, dedicated people who share our values and our commitment to excellence.
Focused on Clinical Excellence
Our experienced, certified, and highly trained surgical assistants are trusted members of the operating room team, providing the highest level of surgical expertise to ensure the best outcomes possible. Most of our surgical assistants do nothing but surgery and, in fact, we often perform more cases each year than the surgeons we support. This leads to a high level of knowledge and expertise. By focusing our attention on the complex needs of the surgeons, and ultimately our patients, members of the SpecialtyCare Surgical Assist Team makes surgery safer and drive better clinical outcomes.
As a Surgical Assistant with SpecialtyCare you will act as a First Assistant or to the surgeon(s) during surgical procedures and perform complex surgical techniques as needed and directed by the physician. In this role you will work in general surgery cases.
- Must hold certification/licensure as a RNFA.
- Previous surgical experience as a First Assistant.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and retain and grow the business.
- Must possess strong physician/surgeon relationship skills and team mentality.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members, hospital staff and physicians.
- Ability to work flexible hours as scheduled, including weekends and holidays, and to be on-call as scheduled. Must be able to respond to calls or pages within 30 minutes.
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Strong relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal skills that can influence perceptions, decisions and actions of others through effective communications both within the organization and externally.
- Proven self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- High energy, self-motivated individual whose style is effective in working with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement using an analytical and metrics based approach.
- Ability to effectively review and synthesize medical literature for the purpose of writing clinical procedure guidelines, clinical policies and peer review scientific publications.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is committed to supporting professional growth for our associates. Each associate is allocated funds for continuing education, membership fees, and dues for professional associations. We also provide tuition reimbursement or tuition repayment assistance. We provide a full benefits package including a matching 401K and generous PTO plan. We also cover the cost of maintaining certification.
Contact Person: Shannon Moore
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 33193857 roanoke